Weight Loss Survey Responses
The following are Twana D.'s responses to the Weight Loss Survey:
- Describe your behavioral and emotional battle with weight control before learning about bariatric surgery.
- Well, I have had a very low self image of how I look some time now. Before hearing of the surgery I had no hope or drive that things would get better. Then I talk to a friend and hope became anew for me, but I had one problem my husband and I were currently tring to have a baby we were going the a doctor to find out why wasn't I having any cycles after 2 years of being off of depo-provera. We continued to try on our own, because I was told I was probably not having cycle because of my weight. After trying month after month I've decided that the LORD may really want me to wait. So I've really done some soul searching since then and have relized that I need to work on ME!!!! (How I view myself) So this my first step to self recovery lose some of this weight.
- What was (is) the worst thing about being overweight?
- Most of all for me BEING UNCONFORTABLE!!!!!!!!
- What made you finally decide to have the surgery?
- *Wanting to really improve my self confidence.
*Wanting to fell better.
*Wanting to improve the quality of my life.
- What fears did you have about having complications or even dying from from the surgery, and what would you tell other people having the same fears now?
- Only that this is my first surgery and just normal jitters.
- How did your family and friends react to your decision? Would you have communicated anything differently if you could now? How supportive were they after your surgery?
- My family is some what supportive of course, they think it is too risky.
- What was your stay in the hospital like? How long where you there? What things are most important to bring?
- I think the most important thing is that you have a very good support system. Some days I was so out of it , but the days seemed long without some vistors to keep me from thinking what did I do to myself. Bring some books and mmaybe music .
- Did you have any complications from the surgery? If so, how did you deal with them?
- The only problems I had were leakage from the site of my epideral and also pain in that area.
- In the weeks after you got your surgery date, how did you feel? How did you cope with any anxiety you might have felt?
- For at least 3 to 4 weeks after the surgery I was very weak. As far the anxiety that I did and still do feel I have a very good friend who had the surgery two months prior to my surgery date, and she has helped me through alot.
- What vitamins and/or dietary supplements have you taken since your surgery?
- Flintstone vitamins Are what my doctor has prescribed and they've worked great for my energy level as well as my test levels.
- What was the worst part about the entire bariatric surgery process?
- What is your scar like? Is this what you expected?
- I am very impressed with how my scar has healed I have a very thin and straight scar.
- Please describe any plateau experiences you have had since surgery.
- As of right now (2 months post-op) I feel great people respond wonderfully I even get a few looks from men now.(I've lost 50lbs)