Weight Loss Survey Responses
The following are Sheryl G.'s responses to the Weight Loss Survey:
- Describe your behavioral and emotional battle with weight control before learning about bariatric surgery.
- I am 56 years old and decided many years that my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, love me just the way I am! Other than the inconveniences of my weight I have tried very hard to just understand that, as my husband used to say, "God made chihuahuas and he made St. Bernards." He would cheerfully say, "We're St. Bernards!!)
That does not mean there were not times that I felt left out of things because of the inconvenience of being fat. It has just meant that I have chosen to live looking at the "bright" side of my life.
- What was (is) the worst thing about being overweight?
- Being miserable in seating...on airplanes...theaters...movies...concerts, etc. Always feeling upset about making friends, family or others sitting next to me uncomfortable.
- How did you first find out about bariatric surgery and what were your initial impressions of it?
- I've known of it for several years and never even considered it until this summer when I had more knee pain than usual. Met a woman while getting my nails done who dropped something, picked it up and said, "I couldn't have done that 100 pounds ago." I asked and she told me that she had had the surgery several months prior.
At that point I decided it was time for me to consider this surgery.
- How did you decide which procedure to have?
- I decided on the open RYN because I am fully convinced that I need to make this drastic step in order to change my body size. I have a friend who had the lap-band but that was not what I decided was best for me. I know myself and I believe that this surgery will provide the tool that will fully create a forever change!