Weight Loss Survey Responses
The following are Maria M.'s responses to the Weight Loss Survey:
- Describe your behavioral and emotional battle with weight control before learning about bariatric surgery.
- I start a weight lost program when i have my first baby on 1988 i lost and then i gaing back double. I am very concern about my weight
Cos my family has history of diabetys if i continue gain my chance is 75% to 25% to get it. In 1999 I star geting big and big When i start my new job whith my husban has a truck driver and i end up on 370 lbs i star geting crazy i no want to go out with my husban i can play with my kids i stop working beacuse i can't climb into the truck, But my husban star searhing the internet for a help and he found it. THANK TO HIM i star get my life back.
- What was (is) the worst thing about being overweight?
- Be decriminated for the sociaty.
- How did you first find out about bariatric surgery and what were your initial impressions of it?
- My Husban search the internet found the gastric baypass but the doctor tell me another type of surgery (LGB) Laparoscopic Gastric Banding and an i told the doctor the i going for that one LGB.
- What was your first visit with your surgeon like? How can people get the most out of this meeting?
- Very good. Make all the question nesesary and get all the answers before you go.
- What made you finally decide to have the surgery?
- I give up, I try everything but no result.
- How did you decide which procedure to have?
- I pick the (LGB) laparascopic gastric banding beacuse you no have the stomag split in two.
- What fears did you have about having complications or even dying from from the surgery, and what would you tell other people having the same fears now?
- I wasn't having any fear. If this is what you need think positive.
- How did your family and friends react to your decision? Would you have communicated anything differently if you could now? How supportive were they after your surgery?
- My family always be suported.