Weight Loss Survey Responses
The following are S T.'s responses to the Weight Loss Survey:
- Describe your behavioral and emotional battle with weight control before learning about bariatric surgery.
- I have struggled with weight all of my life. I have done everything from dieting on my own, Weight Watchers, LA Weight Loss Clinic, Phen-Fen, just about everything. I finally just decided I was big and I had to deal with it. But I never have been able to and I continue to get bigger. I am so relieved to know that this option is available to me so that I can have a healthier life.
- What was (is) the worst thing about being overweight?
- Not being able to do things that most take for granite, like walking up a flight of stairs and not have to stop to take a breath, being able to run with my kids, being able to fit into a booth in a resturant. Also having my weight consume my life. It is in everything I think and do.
- How did you first find out about bariatric surgery and what were your initial impressions of it?
- My best friend was the person who brought it to my attention. At first I didn't know anything about it and was very unsure that she should consider it. BUT, once I started researching it I realized that it was something that I should consider.