Date of Surgery: 07/11/01
Weight Loss Survey ResponsesClick Here To View
Surgeon: Michael B. Butler M.D.
Last Weigh In: 10/10/01
Pounds Lost: 76 pounds lost!
I've never felt healthier or happier in my life!!!!!
1. My first impression of Dr. Butler was what a wonderful, caring, gentle man.
2. The longer I knew Dr. Butler, the more I realized this man was truly a blessing to people like me. People who have suffered emotionally and physically because of their weight. Dr. Butler is a brilliant surgeon, who is passionately dedicated to each and every patient, making each of us feel as if we are his one and only. How has my impression changed? I have decided that God couldn't be everywhere, so he sent Dr. Butler!
3. Judy is the shining star behind the scenes at Dr. Butler's office who keeps the office and Dr. Butler on schedule!! Judy is a beautiful person inside and out. My first dealing with her was when I called the office to schedule an appointment. I had dealings with other surgeons' office staff before and was left cold, often times crying from helplessness. When I called Dr. Butler's office, I had been crying and barely choked out, "Could you help me?" Judy was so warm and friendly, it moved me when her first words were, "You poor little darlin' of course I'll help you." Her encouragement, support and professionalism are only outweighed by the enormity of her heart......
4. What do I like least about Dr. Butler? Not a darn thing. I can't sing his praises loud enough!!!!
5. Future patients should know that when they call Dr. Butler's office for an appointment, they are putting their lives in the hands of someone who truly cares.
6. Dr. Butler and Judy give 110% of themselves in order to prepare you for surgery. No question is left unanswered. He offers support groups, consultations, videos, handbooks, guidelines prior to being admitted, he reviews his 4-week post op dietary requirements, guidelines after discharge. Judy is always available and encourages you to call if you have any questions. She's never too busy to help.
7. Dr. Butler is very specific as to aftercare guidelines. When he expects immediately following surgery, encourages walking to aid in recovery, constant follow-up appointments, and again, a 4-week post op diet. If a patient is smart enough to take advantage of Dr. Butler's knowledge and follows his aftercare programs, they will have no problems. I did and was discharged after two days and never had an ounce of pain or discomfort!
8. Dr. Butler is very explicit in his support group talks and private consultations. I was well informed about the risks of surgery, what was going to happen during surgery, the risks of what could happen during surgery, and the possibility of complications after surgery. Again, no question was left unanswered.
9. How would I rate Dr. Butler? He is truly a Godsend to the obese and I thank God every night for bringing Dr. Butler into my life and I pray that God will continue to bless his efforts.
10. To say that Dr. Butler's surgical competence and bedside manner are both great pales in comparison to meeting the man in person. He is a wonderful man, a beautiful soul, with a caring heart who happens to be a brillian surgeon and a magnificent doctor!
1. Dealing with Cigna was painless! I have a PPO and was surprised how easy the process was. Judy (in Dr. Butler's office) encouraged me to contact them after 10 days of her letter, which I did. I got the name of an insurance rep - and called her periodically to track my case.
2. I don't think they stalled at all - I just think the wheels of progress turn slower then I would have liked. Remember, I was anxious and would have wanted to have my surgery yesterday!!!!
3. I'd say, call....call.....and call again. Keep making a pest of yourself - the squeaky wheel really does get the oil!