I’m Dr. Steve Poplawski. My Patients call me Doc Pop.
I’ve been a bariatric surgeon for more than 13 years at Barix Clinics (formerly called Bariatric Treatment Centers) in Southeast Michigan. I’ve performed more than 4,000 bariatric procedures, and have had excellent outcomes, both in terms of weight loss and in terms of having very low complication rates. This site is a place for me to share some of my experience in this field with prospective surgical patients, and with the physicians with whom I collaborate in treating patients with morbid obesity.
About Morbid Obesity
Obesity is a condition of too much body fat. Morbid obesity is the condition where excess body fat is starting to cause other diseases, like diabetes, hypertension (high blood pressure), sleep apnea, asthma, polycystic ovaries and other illnesses that are the direct result of too much body fat. The National Institutes of Health says that people who are more than 100 pounds overweight are candidates for bariatric surgery to help treat this life-threatening illness.
Treating Morbid Obesity
The first line of treatment for morbid obesity is to eat less and exercise more. If this doesn’t work, the second line of treatment is to consult with your primary care doctor to find out if there is a medical reason for your weight problem and if medical management will work. If that doesn’t work either, bariatric surgery may be right for you.
For more information, be sure to visit my website at www.poplawskibariatric.com.
Join Doc Pop at one of his weekly free seminars. Learn about weight loss surgery, the differnece between weight loss surgical proceedures and how your life may benefit from bariatric surgery.
The seminars take place in his offices in Ypsilanti, MI and allow time for Q&A during each of the sessions.
Bariatric Surgery Semiar Times:
Mondays at 5:00 PM
Wednesdays 2:00 PM
Thursdays at 1:00 PM
Select Saturday seminars are also available.
Latest Reviews 221 reviews
LocationYpsilanti, MI 48198
More Bariatric Centers near Ypsilanti, MI
- Matthew Weiner, MD PLLC — Detroit, MI
- Mark Pleatman, MD — Bloomfield Hills, MI
- St. John Providence Weight Loss — Madison Heights, MI
- Harper Bariatric Medicine Institute at the Detroit Medical Center — Madison Heights, MI
- Dr. Carl Pesta — Warren, MI
- Covenant Healthcare-Mid-Michigan Surgical Specialist — Saginaw, MI
- Grand River Surgery — Wyoming, MI
- Grand Health Partners — Grand Rapids, MI
- Saint Mary's Health Care, Bariatric Program — Grand Rapids, MI
- Spectrum Health Medical Group Bariatrics — Holland, MI