Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers RecipeAugust 23, 2019
These Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are a delicious and satisfying meal that is packed with protein and no starchy carbs. The whole family will enjoy this classic taste.
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 4 large green bell peppers (look for peppers that sit flat when stem ends are up)
- 1 lb. raw extra-lean ground beef (4% fat or less)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 4 slices 2% milk American cheese, torn into pieces
- Spices: garlic powder, salt, black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Carefully slice off and discard about half an inch from the top (stem end) of each bell pepper. Remove and discard seeds. Place peppers cut-side up in a deep 9" X 13" baking pan. If the peppers do not sit flat, gently lean them against the pan sides for support.
- Bake until peppers are soft, 20 - 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add beef and sprinkle with 3/4 tsp. garlic powder and 1/2 tsp. each salt and black pepper. Add the onion and mushrooms. Cook, stir, and crumble until beef is fully cooked and veggies have softened about 10 minutes.
- Transfer beef-veggie mixture to a large bowl. Add cheese pieces, and stir until melted and well mixed.
- Blot away excess moisture from bell peppers. Evenly distribute beef mixture among the peppers. Enjoy!
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 250; Carbohydrates 14.5 grams; Fat 8 grams; Protein 30 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday. Lisa is the author of 10 best-selling books, 6 of which debuted at #1 on the New York Times Best Sellers list. Her television show, Hungry Girl, airs on both Food Network and Cooking Channel.
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|