3-Ingredient Avocado Deviled Eggs RecipeAugust 30, 2019
This 3-Ingredient Avocado Deviled Eggs Recipe is the fastest, easiest, low-carb, healthy lunch ever! When life gets busy, please don’t forget your protein. I think that can be tough, because there aren’t usually many on-hand sources of protein…unless you prep it, which is the whole point of this post! Lol. On-hand sources may be nut butters and some cheeses, but I think having a substantial protein prepped and ready for meals is ideal. It takes the effort out of the moment of decision, and this recipe is perfect for those sudden hungry moments…rely on protein & healthy fats for those!
You might already know how I feel about eggs, I just love that they are filled with protein (the white and the yolk), have all the B-vitamins we need (I call those energy vitamins; they are vital for your nervous system, too), and every fat-soluble vitamin in that gorgeous golden center.
I hope you enjoy these 3-Ingredient Avocado Deviled Eggs and use them as a lunch or snack. They are easy to make, just for one! And boy, do they ever provide energy!
3-Ingredient Avocado Deviled Eggs Recipe
Recipe by: Annessa Chumbley, RD
Servings: 2, Serving Size: 2 egg halves
- 2 large eggs, hard-boiled
- 2 tablespoons avocado
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- pinch of kosher or sea salt
- Sriracha sauce, optional
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Gently scoop that golden yolk into a small bowl. Add avocado, lime zest, and salt. Mash with a fork until well combined. Spoon egg yolk mixture into egg whites.
- If you appreciate heat, drizzle on a little Sriracha! Enjoy immediately.
- Less air contact keeps it looking fresher! If storing for later use, plastic wrap should touch avocado mix to avoid browning.
- If you are a big fan of cilantro (I know there’s many of you out there), fresh cilantro would be tasty on top (you know, if you like it and all…)
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 104; Carbohydrates 2.3 grams; Fat 7.5 grams, Protein 6.6 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORAnnessa Chumbley, RD, is a bariatric dietitian and her website "Annessa Nutritionist" provides inspiring nutrition information to the bariatric community and general public. She enjoys getting the community healthy through nutrition segments on Indianapolis' FOX 59 Morning News, and 93.1 WIBC called "Power Up Your Week!", as well as a local healthy cooking show.
Find more recipes from Annessa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|