Barbecue Beef Fajitas RecipeJuly 16, 2021
Understandably, many post-op weight loss surgery patients are intimidated by steak. You might feel hesitant about these barbecue beef fajitas!
They have started with mushy food and soft things and slowly move towards solid foods with caution. Is this you? Maybe you have experienced the discomfort or heavy feeling of a solid protein hitting your stomach. It’s not fun!
Your Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass, or Duodenal Switch pouch has its way of letting you know to hit the breaks. Steak is so dense it can be the most intimidating meat of all! If you take the right approach to cooking and eating it, steak can be a great way to enjoy protein and flavor in your diet.
Thinly sliced sirloin steak make quick work of these barbecue beef fajitas.
Barbecue Beef Fajitas
Recipe by: Steph Wagner (Bariatric Food Coach)
Prep time: 15 minutes; Cook time: 10 minutes; Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb sirloin steak thinly sliced, cut into strips
- 2 green bell peppers sliced
- 2 tsp steak seasonings
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 3 tbsp barbecue sauce lowest sugar available
- Prep ingredients by cutting thin sirloin into strips and slicing bell pepper. Season both with seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet to medium to medium high heat (in the middle). Start by placing thin steak strips in the skillet, not over crowing the pan. Cook an estimated three minutes per side. Remove and cook next batch if needed.
- Set steak strips aside and add bell peppers to the skillet. Saute until softened. Turn heat to medium low and add steak back. Add liquid smoke and barbecue sauce. Toss together for a minute or two and serve.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 187; Carbohydrates 7 grams; Fat 5 grams; Protein 26 grams
Check out more from Steph on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORSteph Wagner MS, RD/LD is a Registered Dietitian with over seven years of experience specializing in weight-loss surgery. She loves making healthy food taste good and is very passionate about helping patients finding freedom from weight and food issues. Steph provides online support at BariatricFoodCoach.com/ and has published a bariatric cookbook “Best Fork Forward: Everyday Dinners After Weight-Loss Surgery” Read more articles by Steph!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|