BBQ Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken Meatballs RecipeDecember 30, 2020
This BBQ Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken Meatballs Recipe is perfect for the holidays or to serve anytime! Between Pinterest and blogs, I usually have a list about a mile long of things that I am dying to make.
I recently went off script and decided to make these delicious BBQ Cheddar Jalapeno Meatballs. I used a basic meatball recipe for the base and then spiced things up with jalapenos, cilantro, and some cheddar cheese. When they are finished, toss them in some of your favorite sugar-free barbecue sauce and they are a delicious treat on their own or stuffed into a sandwich.
BBQ Cheddar Jalapeno Chicken Meatballs
Recipe by: Kristen McCaffrey of Slender Kitchen
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 lb 95% lean ground chicken
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp onions, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup sugar-free barbecue sauce (adjust or leave out for your dietary needs)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix together the chicken, jalapenos, cheese, cilantro, egg, cumin, salt, pepper, Worcestershire, onions, and garlic.
- Roll into about 4 meatballs per serving.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until completely cooked through.
- While still hot, toss with your favorite sugar-free barbecue sauce.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 216; Carbohydrates 3 grams; Fat 9 grams, Protein 29 grams
Check out more recipes from Slender Kitchen on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORKristen McCaffrey makes a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that she shares on her website, SlenderKitchen.com. Before diving into the world of healthy cooking, she struggled to lose weight, eat well, and find a healthy balance in her life. She has always been in love with food and enjoys healthy recipe development. Kristen is passionate about cooking and creating delicious recipes that encourage other people to eat healthy. See more recipes from Kristen!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|