Beef & Bok Choy Stir Fry – Ready in 15 Minutes!November 6, 2020
Beef & Bok Choy Stir Fry is a quick, easy, and healthy meal that is packed with flavor from a homemade stir fry sauce.
This simple,15-minute Beef and Bok Choy Stir-Fry tastes like a classic Chinese dish without all the unnecessary fat and calories. It's packed with thinly sliced sirloin, bok choy, and mushrooms in a savory stir fry sauce. Serve it with some Healthy Fried Rice or Healthy Chow Mein for the perfect Chinese takeout inspired meal.
I've found that the key to a good stir-fry is the sauce and it just so happens that this one is packed with flavor. The oyster sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic make a flavorful Chinese-style sauce that works with nearly all proteins and veggies. Personally, I like to pair it with beef, bok choy, and mushrooms to really kick up that delicious umami flavor.
Beef & Bok Choy Stir Fry
Recipe by: Kristen McCaffrey of Slender Kitchen
Makes 4 Servings
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce (GF if needed)
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (GF if needed)
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1.33 lbs. lean sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 1 lb bok choy, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Add the chicken broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and cornstarch to a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add half the oil to a pan or wok over high heat. Add the beef and cook for 1-2 minutes until browned but not fully cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan. Add the vegetables to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium and add the sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce thickens and vegetable are tender crisp.
- Add the beef to the pan and cook for 1 minute or until steak is cooked to your liking.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 278; Carbohydrates 9 grams; Fat 10 grams; Protein 37 grams
Check out more recipes from Slender Kitchen on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORKristen McCaffrey makes a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that she shares on her website, SlenderKitchen.com. Before diving into the world of healthy cooking, she struggled to lose weight, eat well, and find a healthy balance in her life. She has always been in love with food and enjoys healthy recipe development. Kristen is passionate about cooking and creating delicious recipes that encourage other people to eat healthy. See more recipes from Kristen!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|