Beef Fajitas in Slow Cooker Recipe, Gluten-Free & Bariatric-FriendlyMay 23, 2018
Enjoy your summer get-togethers without spending lots of time in the kitchen. Break out your slow cooker and make Beef Fajitas. This Beef Fajitas in Slow Cooker Recipe is gluten-free and bariatric-friendly. Fajitas have never been simpler. A quick fajita rub, combined with salsa, peppers, and onions in your slow cooker for fall-apart tender fajitas.
Beef Fajitas in Slow Cooker, Gluten-Free & Bariatric-Friendly
Makes 8 servings (about 1/2 cup meat)
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 5-8 hours
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds flank steak, skirt steak or boneless chuck
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 assorted bell peppers, cored and sliced (any combination of green, red, yellow)
- In 3 1/2-6-quart slow cooker, pour salsa on the bottom.
- In a small bowl, mix chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder and season to taste. Season the meat with all of the seasonings. Add the meat, remaining seasoning, onion, and peppers.
- Cook on LOW 8 hours, or HIGH 5-6 hours or until tender. Use a slotted spoon, to remove the meat, onions, and peppers.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 211; Carbohydrates 10 grams; Fat 9 grams; Protein 20 grams
Serving Suggestion: Serve with your favorite condiments. If you'd like to use tortillas, use corn tortillas to keep it Gluten-free.
Nutrition Nugget: Bell peppers are loaded with antioxidants and one of the best sources of vitamin C.
You can check out other recipes by Holly Clegg and Team Holly!
ABOUT THE AUTHORWith over 1 million cookbooks sold, Holly Clegg was a culinary expert on easy and healthy recipes. She appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today, Cooking Light Magazine, Web MD, & Huff Post. She consulted for Walmart, Teflon, Coca-Cola Company, & U.S. hospitals. Team Holly has the privilege to continue to share Holly's passion for healthy cooking with her Trim and Terrific recipes & to keep her legacy going for gastric cancer awareness. See more recipes by Holly!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|