Bell Pepper Nachos RecipeAugust 16, 2019
I absolutely love nachos but hate the guilt that can come after eating them. That’s why I decided to make Macho Nachos, which are bell pepper nachos located in my men’s health cookbook, Guys Guide to Eating Well.
So, what is a Bell Pepper Nachos you ask? They are nachos where instead of using chips you use squares of bell peppers. That’s right! This is one of those bell pepper recipes that adds a nutritious twist to such a classic! Actually, healthy beef recipes can also be the perfect get-together party food that all of your family and friends will love. So what are you waiting for?! Get your ingredients together and make my easy bell pepper nachos. You won’t regret it.
Bell Pepper Nachos Recipe
Recipe by: Holly Clegg
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
- 1/2 pound ground sirloin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 assorted colored bell peppers cored and cut into squares (about 12-16 per pepper)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat shredded cheese
- Preheat oven 375°F. Coat baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, cook meat until done. Add garlic, cumin, black beans, and salsa. Cook for a few minutes.
- Arrange pepper squares on a baking pan. Fill with filling and sprinkle with cheese evenly over the peppers. Bake 20 minutes or until peppers are tender.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 175; Carbohydrates 11g; Fat 3g; Protein 19g
ABOUT THE AUTHORWith over 1 million cookbooks sold, Holly Clegg was a culinary expert on easy and healthy recipes. She appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today, Cooking Light Magazine, Web MD, & Huff Post. She consulted for Walmart, Teflon, Coca-Cola Company, & U.S. hospitals. Team Holly has the privilege to continue to share Holly's passion for healthy cooking with her Trim and Terrific recipes & to keep her legacy going for gastric cancer awareness.
See more recipes by Holly!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|