Bite-Sized Cauliflower Pizza Tots – Delicious & Great for Sharing!February 19, 2021
If you want to feed your inner child's (or your actual child's) need for Tater Tots and pizza, but you don't want to serve up a greasy calorie-fest, then Bite-Sized Cauliflower Pizza Tots are the perfect recipe. The tots are made of cauliflower, and the pizza add-ins are totally guilt-free. This recipe is a marriage of Tater Tots and Pizza!
Bite-Sized Cauliflower Pizza Tots
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 2 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes; Cook Time: 30 minutes; Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups roughly chopped cauliflower (or 1-1/2 cups cauliflower rice)
- 1/4 cup (about 2 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 oz. (about 8 pieces) turkey pepperoni, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until reduced to the consistency of coarse breadcrumbs. (Even if you begin with cauliflower rice, don’t skip this step!)
- Place cauliflower crumbs in a large microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Uncover and stir. Re-cover and microwave for another 2 minutes, or until hot and soft.
- Transfer to a fine-mesh strainer to drain. Let cool for 10 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
- Using a clean dish towel (or paper towels), firmly press out as much liquid as possible -- there will be a lot.
- Return cauliflower crumbs to the large bowl. Add egg whites/substitute, breadcrumbs, Parm, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. onion powder, salt, and pepper. Add mozzarella cheese and chopped pepperoni, and mix thoroughly.
- Firmly and evenly form mixture into 28 tots, each about 1 inch long, 1/2 inch wide, and 1/2 inch thick.
- Place tots on the baking sheet, evenly spaced. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Carefully flip tots. Bake until golden brown and crispy, 10 - 12 minutes.
- To make the sauce, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and remaining 1/4 tsp. each garlic powder and onion powder. Mix well.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, or until hot.
Optional: Serve tots with sauce for dipping!
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 68; Carbohydrates 8 grams; Fat 2 grams; Protein 6 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|