Broccoli & Cheddar Crustless Quiche RecipeApril 10, 2020
If you love quiche but don't like the carbs and fat of the crust, you're going to love this recipe. When you make this Broccoli & Cheddar Crustless Quiche Recipe it will be a delicious start to your morning or you can enjoy it for lunch or dinner. Without the crust, it is lighter than traditional quiche recipes.
Broccoli & Cheddar Crustless Quiche Recipe
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 30 minutes; Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 1/2 cups (about 12 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp. chopped scallions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick spray.
- Place broccoli in a medium-large microwave-safe bowl. Add 1/4 cup water. Cover and microwave for 2 1/2 minutes, or until soft. Drain excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites/substitute, yogurt, milk, and seasonings. Whisk until uniform. Add broccoli and cheese, and stir to mix.
- Transfer mixture to the pie pan. Bake until firm and cooked through, about 25 minutes. Top with scallions.
Broccoli & Cheddar Crustless Quiche Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 143; Carbohydrates 6 grams; Fat 4.5 grams; Protein 18.5 grams
Check out other recipes by Hungry Girl on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|