Caprese Chicken Bake Recipe, Moist & Full of FlavorSeptember 13, 2019
Tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cook with the chicken for a super moist, full-flavored Caprese chicken bake. This is one of the best protein-rich recipes, and also healthy eating for bariatric surgery patients and anyone health-minded. Protein intake is one of the main factors in promoting adequate nutrition.
Caprese Chicken Bake Recipe
Recipe by: Holly Clegg & Team
Makes 4 servings
- 3 cups Roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts quartered drained
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless thin chicken breasts or tenders
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil leaves
- Preheat oven 375° F. In large oblong baking dish, combine tomatoes, onion, artichoke hearts, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and season to taste.
- Add chicken breasts and toss together spreading out in a prepared pan. Bake 30-40 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove from oven and top the chicken breasts with mozzarella. Return to oven 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and sprinkle with basil.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 384; Carbohydrates 17 grams; Fat 15 grams; Protein 45 grams
You can check out other recipes by Holly Clegg and Team Holly!
ABOUT THE AUTHORWith over 1 million cookbooks sold, Holly Clegg was a culinary expert on easy and healthy recipes. She appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today, Cooking Light Magazine, Web MD, & Huff Post. She consulted for Walmart, Teflon, Coca-Cola Company, & U.S. hospitals. Team Holly has the privilege to continue to share Holly's passion for healthy cooking with her Trim and Terrific recipes & to keep her legacy going for gastric cancer awareness. See more recipes by Holly!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|