Cheesy BBQ Bacon Stuffed Chicken RecipeMay 13, 2022
One of the best things about baking dinner in the oven? All you need to do is prep it; then you can go hang out on the couch while it cooks! (We especially appreciate this on the weeknights.) Make this delicious Cheesy BBQ Bacon Stuffed Chicken entrée for two, or multiply the recipe if you have more mouths to feed. This tasty dish is an easy-to-make recipe everyone will enjoy!
Cheesy BBQ Bacon Stuffed Chicken
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 2 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 45 minutes; Total Time: 55 minutes
- 2 slices center-cut/turkey bacon
- 2 tbsp. light/reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. BBQ sauce, or more for dipping
- Two 5-oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. plus 1 dash of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. plus 1 dash of onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8” X 8” baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Cook bacon until crispy, either in a skillet over medium heat or on a microwave-safe plate in the microwave. (See package for cook time.) Chop or crumble.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese with 1 tbsp. BBQ sauce. Add a dash of each garlic powder and onion powder. Mix until uniform. Stir in chopped bacon.
- Season chicken with the remaining 1/2 tsp. each garlic powder and onion powder. Top with bacon mixture, tightly roll up chicken over the filling and secure with toothpicks.
- Place chicken in the baking pan. Top with remaining 1 tbsp. BBQ sauce. Cover with foil, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, and bake until fully cooked about 20 more minutes.
- Serve topped with cilantro.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 267; Carbohydrates 9 grams; Fat 9 grams; Protein 35.5 grams
See more recipes on ObesityHelp by Lisa!
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|