Chick-a-licious Fruity Green SaladMay 26, 2023
This Chick-a-licious Fruity Green Salad recipe by Hungry Girl’s Lisa Lillien just screams Spring and Summer. Packed with healthy ingredients including tender chicken, nutritious fruits, salad greens, and nuts, this mouthwatering salad is ideal as a light meal for lunch or dinner. Complemented by a refreshing low-fat raspberry or balsamic vinaigrette, it takes just 10 minutes to make and can easily be adapted to include fresh fruits of your choice for a delicious salad in any season. This recipe calls for a yellow peach and blueberries. Yellow peaches are available in the Spring and Summer months and have a sweet tangy flavor that mellows out as the peaches ripen and soften. Fresh blueberries are in season from April until late September in the United States but can be bought at grocery stores year around. Of course, you can make this salad with a medley of your favorite greens.
Chick-a-licious Fruity Green Salad
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 2 Servings
Prep: 10 minutes
- 1/2 of recipe, about 6 cups: 295 calories, 7.5g total fat (1g sat. fat), 384mg sodium, 36g carbs, 8.5g fiber, 23g sugars, 26.5g protein
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce (about one 12-oz. bag)
- 1 medium yellow peach
- 1 medium pear
- 20 dry-roasted shelled pistachios
- 6 oz. cooked and chopped skinless lean chicken breast
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup fat-free or low-fat raspberry or balsamic vinaigrette
- Evenly distribute lettuce between two large plates or bowls.
- Chop the peach and the pear, discarding the pit and the core. Evenly distribute the chopped fruit between the plates or bowls. Roughly chop pistachios, and add those as well.
- Top each salad with 3 oz. chicken and 1/4 cup blueberries. Drizzle 2 tbsp. dressing over each salad, or serve it on the side. Enjoy!
1/2 of recipe (About 6 cups:
Calories 295; Carbohydrates 36 grams; Fat 7.5 grams; Protein 26.5 grams
Check out more recipes from Hungry Girl on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|