Chicken Lettuce Wrap Recipe – Only 141 Calories!April 11, 2016
Don't be intimidated by the long ingredient list because everything goes into one skillet creating a delicious Chicken Lettuce Wrap, one of the best you will eat...and only 141 calories!
Craving your favorite restaurant Chicken Lettuce Wraps? Now you can have them at home! This delectable dish is even easier than take-out! Chicken Lettuce Wraps from the Heart Disease chapter of Guy’s Guide to Eating Well cookbook will be your go-to for a healthy mouth-watering crunchy appetizer or light meal. Lean ground chicken and peanut butter are both low in saturated fat, making it a heart healthy meal choice.
Chicken Lettuce Wrap Recipe
Recipe by: Holly Clegg
Makes 6 (1/2-cup) servings
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- Half (8-ounce) can chopped water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, optional
- 1 head butter tip or red leaf lettuce
- In large nonstick skillet, cook ground chicken, onion, and garlic until chicken is done. Add ginger.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, mix soy sauce, peanut butter, honey and vinegar. Microwave 20 seconds, stir. Add to skillet, stirring, until combined. Add green onion and water chestnuts. Sprinkle with peanuts, if desired and serve with lettuce leaves.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 141; Carbohydrates 10 grams; Fat 3 grams; Protein 18 grams
You can check out other recipes by Holly Clegg and Team Holly!
ABOUT THE AUTHORWith over 1 million cookbooks sold, Holly Clegg was a culinary expert on easy and healthy recipes. She appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today, Cooking Light Magazine, Web MD, & Huff Post. She consulted for Walmart, Teflon, Coca-Cola Company, & U.S. hospitals. Team Holly has the privilege to continue to share Holly's passion for healthy cooking with her Trim and Terrific recipes & to keep her legacy going for gastric cancer awareness. See more recipes by Holly!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|