Chicken Stir-Fry Lettuce Wraps, Quick & EasyDecember 27, 2019
My easy Chicken Stir-Fry Lettuce Wraps recipe is diabetic-friendly and is a healthy chicken dinner! Fast and fantastic, this enjoyable light meal of easy chicken lettuce wraps recipe with Asian flavors comes together easily with cooked chicken, bell pepper, edamame and sweet mango with a super sauce.
I have an appreciation for good food and want to make sure even the healthiest meals are delicious like in my easy Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe. My favorite email was from a gentleman who said, “I wish the word diabetes wasn’t on the cover of a book, so more people would use the book.” So, you have your wish as KITCHEN 101 and my Eating Well to Fight Arthritis cookbook both have a “D” throughout the book to indicate diabetic-friendly recipes!
Chicken Stir-Fry Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Recipe by: Holly Clegg
Makes 8 Wraps
- 1 onion halved and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- Dash red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar (I love the garlic-flavored kind!)
- 1 tablespoon teaspoon cornstarch mixed with water
- 2 cups chopped skinless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- Boston or red tip lettuce leaves
- Hoisin sauce is optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, sauté onion and bell pepper, cooking until onion is almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and edamame; stirring, about 1 minute.
- Stir in soy sauce, vinegar, and cornstarch mixture, heating mixture until thickens.
- Remove from heat and add chicken, mango and peanuts. Spoon mixture onto lettuce and wrap. Serve with hoisin sauce, if desired and adjust the nutritional info.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 104; Carbohydrates 8 grams; Fat 3 grams; Protein 13 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORWith over 1 million cookbooks sold, Holly Clegg was a culinary expert on easy and healthy recipes. She appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today, Cooking Light Magazine, Web MD, & Huff Post. She consulted for Walmart, Teflon, Coca-Cola Company, & U.S. hospitals. Team Holly has the privilege to continue to share Holly's passion for healthy cooking with her Trim and Terrific recipes & to keep her legacy going for gastric cancer awareness. See more recipes by Holly!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|