Chicken with Tomato Topping and Mozzarella Cheese RecipeJune 19, 2020
This Chicken with Tomato Topping and Mozzarella Cheese recipe is freezer-friendly, gluten-free as well as diabetic-friendly. It brings together marinated chicken, tomatoes, spinach, and mozzarella cheese in a delicious dish.
Chicken with Tomato Topping and Mozzarella Cheese Recipe
Recipe by: Holly Clegg
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes + marinade time Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pint assorted cherry tomato halves
- 1 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In plastic bag, combine lemon juice, oregano, and paprika. Add chicken. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to cook.
- Preheat broiler. Line baking pan with foil. Place chicken breasts on pan, discard extra marinade. Broil chicken 7–9 minutes on each side or until chicken tender.
- Meanwhile, in nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion and garlic until tender, 5 minutes. Add tomatoes; sauté few minutes longer. Add spinach, cooking only until leaves are wilted. Season to taste.
- Divide mixture on top of each chicken breast, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese
Nutrition Nugget: In a serving of only 5 cherry tomatoes, they provide 15% of your daily recommended intake of vitamin A and 10% of vitamin C.
Terrific Tip: Per 3.5 ounce portion of chicken breast, just by removing the skin saves you over 4 grams of fat and 1 gram of saturated fat.
Calories 176; Carbohydrates 7 grams; Fat 4 grams; Protein 27 grams
Check out other recipes by Holly Clegg & Team Holly on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORWith over 1 million cookbooks sold, Holly Clegg was a culinary expert on easy and healthy recipes. She appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today, Cooking Light Magazine, Web MD, & Huff Post. She consulted for Walmart, Teflon, Coca-Cola Company, & U.S. hospitals. Team Holly has the privilege to continue to share Holly's passion for healthy cooking with her Trim and Terrific recipes & to keep her legacy going for gastric cancer awareness. See more recipes by Holly!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|