Chicken Zucchini Patties – a Burger Recipe with a Twist!July 31, 2020
Chicken Zucchini Patties are low-carb, high-protein, and fantastic for meal prep! This is a must-try burger recipe with a twist, it's made with ground chicken, zucchini, spices, AND ricotta cheese! The ricotta adds a little bit of flavor and moisture.
You can change up this recipe to make it your own. Some easy swaps would be to use ground turkey instead of chicken or to substitute the ricotta with one of your favorite cheeses. You could also adjust the flavor profile by changing up the seasoning blends!
Chicken Zucchini Patties Recipe
Recipe by: Kristen McCaffrey of Slender Kitchen
Makes 4 Servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 10 minutes, Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 zucchini, grated (squeeze out all the excess moisture)
- 1 lb 99% lean ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Directions for Chicken Zucchini Patties
- Shred the zucchini using a box grater. Place it in a strainer and sprinkle with some salt. Toss and let sit for at least ten minutes. Then using a cheesecloth, towel, or paper towels - squeeze out the zucchini really well. Make sure to squeeze out as much moisture as possible, otherwise, the burgers will not hold together well.
- Combine the remaining ingredients with the zucchini and form into patties.
- Skillet Method: Add olive oil to a skillet and over medium-high heat. Add the chicken zucchini patties and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side until the chicken is fully cooked and the outside of the burger is browned.
- Grill Method: Brush the chicken zucchini burgers on both sides with the olive oil. Cook on the grill for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until burgers are fully cooked. Grilling Tip: If you sometimes have issues with meat sticking to your grill, you can cook these on foil on the grill. Follow the exact same directions but place a piece of foil on the grill and cook the burgers on the foil. This helps prevent sticking and burgers from breaking apart.
- For Fritters: Follow the same directions above but make smaller patties. Cook in a hot skillet with olive oil for 2-3 minutes per side or until chicken is fully cooked.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 268; Carbohydrates 5 grams; Fiber 1 gram; Fat 13 grams, Protein 34 grams
Check out more recipes from Slender Kitchen on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORKristen McCaffrey makes a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that she shares on her website, SlenderKitchen.com. Before diving into the world of healthy cooking, she struggled to lose weight, eat well, and find a healthy balance in her life. She has always been in love with food and enjoys healthy recipe development. Kristen is passionate about cooking and creating delicious recipes that encourage other people to eat healthy. See more recipes from Kristen!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|