Clean & Hungry Chicken NuggetsOctober 7, 2022
Clean & Hungry Chicken Nuggets
Talk about deliciousness! This recipe is super easy to fix, especially fun to make with the kids and grandkids, and is sure to be loved by your family and guests. After all, who doesn’t love chicken nuggets? Best-selling author, Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl), calls this flavorful dish Clean & Hungry Chicken Nuggets “because there are no artificial ingredients and it won't pack on the pounds”.
This is no ordinary chicken nugget recipe! These yummy nuggets are oven-baked and they take only about 20 minutes of oven time. If you don’t feel like baking, these are great in the Air Fryer too, and take only about 13 minutes to cook. You will still get that crispy, juicy taste with less fat, lots of protein, and flavor ingredients that make this recipe stand out! Enjoy!
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 2 Servings
Prep: 10 minutes, Cook: 20 minutes, Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 8 oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 10 nuggets
- 2 tbsp. egg whites (about 1 large egg's worth)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a wide bowl, combine breadcrumbs with seasonings. Mix well.
- Place chicken in another wide bowl. Top with egg whites, and flip to coat.
- One at a time, shake chicken to remove excess egg, and coat with breadcrumb mixture. Evenly place on the baking sheet, and top with any remaining breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Flip chicken. Bake until slightly browned and crispy, about 8 more minutes.
Air Fryer Alternative! Set air fryer to 356 degrees. Cook until golden brown, about 13 minutes.
Nutritional Info Per Serving (1/2 Recipe - 5 Nuggets)
Calories 179; Carbohydrates 7.5 grams; Fat 3 grams; Protein 28 grams
Check out more recipes from Hungry Girl on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|