Crustless Bacon & Cheddar QuicheOctober 13, 2023
The wonderful thing about Crustless Bacon & Cheddar Quiche lies in its remarkable versatility. You have the freedom to unleash your creativity and incorporate virtually any ingredient that crosses your mind into the foundational components. Whether you opt for the straightforward combination of mushrooms and peppers or venture into more imaginative territories with additions like spinach, bacon and caramelized onions, the possibilities for quiche creations are virtually limitless. This crustless, low-carb bacon and cheddar cheese quiche recipe by Lisa Lillien, AKA Hungry Girl, is under 200 calories and so easy to make! Enjoy!
Crustless Bacon & Cheddar Quiche
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (aka Hungry Girl)
Prep time: 10 minutes; Cook time: 45 minutes; Total time: 55 minutes
- 4 slices center-cut bacon or turkey bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups (about 12 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray a 9-inch pie pan with nonstick spray.
- Cook bacon until crispy, either in a skillet over medium heat or on a microwave-safe plate in the microwave. Chop or crumble.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook and stir until softened and slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites/substitute, yogurt, cream cheese, milk, salt, and pepper. Whisk until uniform. Stir in chopped bacon and cooked onion. Transfer mixture to the pie pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheese. Bake until center is firm and cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
- Top with chives.
Nutritional Info 1/4 of recipe
Calories 182; Carbohydrates 2.5 grams; Fat 8 grams; Protein 19 grams
Check out more recipes by Hungry Girl!
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|