Easy Oven Fried Chicken Recipe – No Frying!July 7, 2016
Looking for a real family-kid pleaser easy oven fried chicken recipe? This Easy Oven Fried Chicken recipe is my “go-to” recipe when I needed a quick nightly dinner or my kids volunteered me to cook for a prom, homecoming or a dinner at our house. Simple and unassuming, my crispy oven fried chicken recipe will entice all ages. My philosophy is you don’t have to give up fried chicken; just prepare my easy fried chicken recipe! When looking for great, simple kid-friendly chicken dinner recipes, you have this yummy one.
I actually had someone yesterday in my exercise class say her son was a picky eater and said he loved this easy oven fried chicken! He even requested the chicken recipe! Now, that’s success in the kitchen.
All the deliciousness of fried chicken but healthy without the oil of frying!
Easy Oven Fried Chicken Recipe - KITCHEN 101
Makes 8 servings
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 (1-ounce) packet Ranch style dressing mix
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken cutlets (or pounded thin)
- 3 cups corn flakes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large plastic resealable bag mix together yogurt and Ranch dressing mix. Add chicken, mixing well to cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven 375°F. Line baking pan with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Crush corn flakes into crumbs and mix with flour and paprika; season to taste. Remove chicken and coat with corn flake crumb mixture. Place on prepared pan and refrigerate until ready to bake. (Terrific Tip: Cornflakes may be crushed in food processor.)
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 193; Carbohydrates 14 grams; Fat 3 grams; Protein 26 grams
Originally published on The Healthy Cooking Blog, reprint shared by permission of Holly Clegg.
ABOUT THE AUTHORWith over 1 million cookbooks sold, Holly Clegg was a culinary expert on easy and healthy recipes. She appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today, Cooking Light Magazine, Web MD, & Huff Post. She consulted for Walmart, Teflon, Coca-Cola Company, & U.S. hospitals. Team Holly has the privilege to continue to share Holly's passion for healthy cooking with her Trim and Terrific recipes & to keep her legacy going for gastric cancer awareness. See more recipes by Holly!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|