Egg-Bun Breakfast Sandwiches Recipe – Great for Meal Prep!March 27, 2020
If you don't have a whoopie-pie pan, you'll want to pick up one to make these high-protein Egg-Bun Breakfast Sandwiches. They are made with low-calorie egg patties without any buns. That's right, no buns. They are so delicious, convenient, and easy to make that you won't miss the buns. Make ‘em in advance, pop ‘em in the fridge, and then just heat & eat.
Egg-Bun Breakfast Sandwiches Recipe
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes; Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups (about 12 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1 tsp. everything bagel seasoning blend
- 3 slices center-cut bacon or turkey bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12-cavity whoopie pie pan with nonstick spray.
- Evenly distribute egg into the cavities of the pan. Sprinkle with seasoning.
- Bake until firm and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until crispy, either in a skillet over medium heat or on a microwave-safe plate in the microwave. (See package for cook time.)
- Sprinkle cheese over 6 of the baked egg patties. Top each with 1/2 slice of bacon. Finish with the remaining 6 egg patties.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 80; Carbohydrates 1 gram; Fat 3 grams; Protein 10 grams
Make sure to check out the other recipes by Hungry Girl on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|