Flank Steak with Tomato Basil Salad RecipeJune 5, 2020
This Flank Steak with Tomato Basil Salad Recipe is delicious! You can serve it with some Grilled Cauliflower or Balsamic Mushrooms for a full meal. The Flank Steak is marinated in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic and then cooked until medium rare and topped with tomato basil salad will be your new favorite meal.
Flank Steak with Tomato Basil Salad
Recipe by: Kristen McCaffrey of Slender Kitchen
Prep Time: 1 hour Cook Time: 10 mins. Total Time: 1 hour 10 mins
- 1 lb. lean flank steak
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 4 tbsp. balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Pierce steak all over with a fork to help tenderize it. Cover with half the olive oil, half the balsamic vinegar, garlic, rosemary, oregano, salt, and pepper to taste. Marinate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- When ready to serve, toss together the red onion, tomatoes, basil, remaining olive oil, remaining vinegar, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, toss together the red onion, tomatoes, basil, olive oil, vinegar, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill or broil the steaks to your liking. I cook mine for about 4-6 minutes on each side. To broil, cover a broiler pan with foil. Remove the steak from marinade, letting excess drip off. Place the steak in the middle of the rack and cook for 4-6 minutes per side for medium. When you flip the steak, add the tomatoes to the pan as well.
- Let rest for 5 minutes and then thinly slice against the grain and top with tomato salad.
Calories 262; Carbohydrates 7 grams; Fat 14 grams; Protein 25 grams
Check out more recipes from Kristen of Slender Kitchen on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORKristen McCaffrey makes a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that she shares on her website, SlenderKitchen.com. Before diving into the world of healthy cooking, she struggled to lose weight, eat well, and find a healthy balance in her life. She has always been in love with food and enjoys healthy recipe development. Kristen is passionate about cooking and creating delicious recipes that encourage other people to eat healthy. See more recipes from Kristen!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|