Frittata Roll-Up Recipe – Only 4 Ingredients!April 6, 2016
An “on-the-go” breakfast idea to fuel you up in the morning! This Frittata Roll-Up Recipe is packed with flavor, nutrients, and plenty of protein, and healthy fat. It’s only four ingredients, and the combination of Kale and Parmesan can be changed out for whatever you have on hand. Use bell pepper & avocado, or mushrooms & swiss...so easy! This recipe is delicious and makes one serving so you can prepare it quickly and have ready to eat on those "on-the-go" occasions. Enjoy!
Frittata Roll-Up Recipe
Recipe by: Annessa Chumbley, RD
Makes 1 serving
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup torn kale
- a little bit of shaved Parmesan cheese
- Heat a small non-stick skillet to medium high and add a light coat of cooking spray. Add diced onion and sauté 2-3 minutes. Add torn kale and press down with a spatula so that it wilts quickly. If the onions get a little char on them, that only adds flavor!
- Turn heat to low. Whisk egg and egg white together in a small cup, and pour into pan, swirling the pan around so the bottom of the pan is coated with a thin layer of egg.
- Cover the pan (with a lid or plate), and wait 30 seconds, just to give the eggs a chance to steam and fully cook. Remove cover, turn heat off, and let the flat Frittata set for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle shaved Parmesan cheese down the middle of the flat Frittata, then carefully roll the Frittata up with your fingers. At this point, you can plate it and eat it with a fork, or wrap it up in a paper towel and eat it on the go!
Frittata Roll-Up Nutritional Info
Per serving: Calories: 130; Carbohydrate: 4.5 g; Fat: 6 g; Protein: 13 g.
ABOUT THE AUTHORAnnessa Chumbley, RD, is a bariatric dietitian and her website "Annessa Nutritionist" provides inspiring nutrition information to the bariatric community and general public. She enjoys getting the community healthy through nutrition segments on Indianapolis' FOX 59 Morning News, and 93.1 WIBC called "Power Up Your Week!", as well as a local healthy cooking show.
Find more recipes from Annessa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|