Glazed Pork Tenderloin Recipe: Full of FlavorDecember 14, 2018
I like to create easy pork tenderloin recipes because they are such quick go-to meals. Pork tenderloin is a lean cut of meat that can be kept in the freezer to pull out for a quick dinner. It is high in protein which makes for a great bariatric surgery friendly protein choice. It’s worth buying fig preserves as you’ll repeat this Glazed Pork Tenderloin Recipe often.
The combination of the figs, fiery chili powder, soy sauce, and tart vinegar makes an indulgent marinade that infuses the meat to make it flavorful. You can cook in the oven or grill — either way this is a hit your family and guests will enjoy.
Whenever I have served this easy pork loin recipe for a casual company dinner, my friends tasted it and thought I had marinated the meat for hours! However, it only had time to sit in the refrigerator for 25 minutes due to my flight delay. I think my fig pork tenderloin recipe infuses the meat with such good flavor.
Glazed Pork Tenderloin Recipe
Recipe by: Holly Clegg
Makes 6 servings
- 2 1-pound pork tenderloins trimmed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup fig preserves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a plastic resealable bag, combine fig preserves, chili powder, garlic, vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Season tenderloins to taste and place in bag. Refrigerate one hour or longer, time permitted.
- Preheat oven 350°F. Place the tenderloins on a baking sheet covered with foil. Cover the tenderloins with some of the marinade, and toss out remaining marinade.
- Cook tenderloins, basting after 20 minutes with marinade in the pan and continue cooking another 20 minutes or until the thickest part of the tenderloins register 160°F.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 241; Carbohydrates 10 grams; Fat 7 grams; Protein 33 grams
You can check out other recipes by Holly Clegg and Team Holly!
ABOUT THE AUTHORWith over 1 million cookbooks sold, Holly Clegg was a culinary expert on easy and healthy recipes. She appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today, Cooking Light Magazine, Web MD, & Huff Post. She consulted for Walmart, Teflon, Coca-Cola Company, & U.S. hospitals. Team Holly has the privilege to continue to share Holly's passion for healthy cooking with her Trim and Terrific recipes & to keep her legacy going for gastric cancer awareness. See more recipes by Holly!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|