Gumbo Dip Recipe: Freezer-Friendly, Gluten-FreeSeptember 29, 2023
This Gumbo Dip recipe is a great choice as an appetizer or a side dish. Another option to use this Gumbo Dip would be to add it on top of your salads.
Shrimp is low in calories and rich in nutrients.
If you enjoy Louisiana flavors then you will love this warm Gumbo dip that tastes like a delectable Cajun shrimp dip. It is easy to whip up and is freezer-friendly.
In a 3-ounce (85-gram) serving of shrimp, the nutrition is:
- Selenium: 48% of the RDI
- Vitamin B12: 21% of the RDI
- Iron: 15% of the RDI
- Phosphorus: 12% of the RDI
- Niacin: 11% of the RDI
- Zinc: 9% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 7% of the RDI
Shrimp is also one of the best food sources of iodine, an important mineral that many people are deficient in. Iodine is required for proper thyroid function and brain health
Shrimp is also a good source of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids, in addition to astaxanthin antioxidants, which may have a variety of health benefits
Gumbo Dip Recipe
Recipe by: Holly Clegg
Makes 32 (2-tablespoon) servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes; Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 green bell pepper cored and chopped
- 1 cup sliced okra frozen is fine
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 chopped bunch green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- 1 pound peeled cooked shrimp coarsely chopped
- 1 8-ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In large nonstick pan coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook the green pepper, okra, and celery about 7-minutes or until almost tender. Add the green onions, garlic, and Cajun seasoning; cook a few minutes.
- Add shrimp, cream cheese, and Parmesan. Stir over low heat until cream cheese is melted. Cook until creamy and bubbly.
Serving Suggestion: Serve at a party or turn into a light meal. You can serve it over cauliflower rice too.
Terrific Tip: Any seafood may be substituted for the shrimp.
Calories 32; Carbohydrates 1 gram; Fat 2 grams; Protein 5 grams
You can check out other recipes by Holly Clegg and Team Holly!
ABOUT THE AUTHORWith over 1 million cookbooks sold, Holly Clegg was a culinary expert on easy and healthy recipes. She appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today, Cooking Light Magazine, Web MD, & Huff Post. She consulted for Walmart, Teflon, Coca-Cola Company, & U.S. hospitals. Team Holly has the privilege to continue to share Holly's passion for healthy cooking with her Trim and Terrific recipes & to keep her legacy going for gastric cancer awareness. See more recipes by Holly!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|