Hacienda Chicken Recipe, Freezer-FriendlyApril 23, 2021
Getting bored with the same old recipes can cause us to go off track from our normal healthy eating. You won't be bored with this Hacienda Chicken Recipe because it takes chicken to a higher level.
This is the epitome of casual cooking. This recipe is super easy to make. In just 35 minutes, you'll have made this effortless yet flavorful, protein-packed dinner. Good news, it is a freezer-friendly recipe for leftovers or you can make an extra batch to freeze and eat later.
Hacienda Chicken Recipe
Recipe by: Team Holly Clegg of The Healthy Cooking Blog
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes: Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup Picante sauce or salsa
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- Sprinkle chicken with cumin. In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, brown the chicken on both sides. Top with sliced onions and Picante sauce.
- Cook, covered, over medium-low heat 25-30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt and flour. Lower the heat and gradually add yogurt to the pan, heating but do not boil. Sprinkle with green onions.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with cauliflower rice or yellow rice, depending on the dietary calories and macros you're using for your daily meal plan..
Terrific Tip: Pick different flavored salsas to switch up the flavor.
Calories 260; Carbohydrates 13 grams; Fat 5 grams; Protein 39 grams
Check out other recipes by Holly Clegg & Team Holly on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORWith over 1 million cookbooks sold, Holly Clegg was a culinary expert on easy and healthy recipes. She appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today, Cooking Light Magazine, Web MD, & Huff Post. She consulted for Walmart, Teflon, Coca-Cola Company, & U.S. hospitals. Team Holly has the privilege to continue to share Holly's passion for healthy cooking with her Trim and Terrific recipes & to keep her legacy going for gastric cancer awareness. See more recipes by Holly!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|