Honey Sriracha Sauce Chicken Thighs, Bariatric-Friendly!October 12, 2018
This Honey Sriracha Sauce Chicken Thighs Recipe is not only bariatric-friendly but also diabetic-friendly, gluten-free and freezer-friendly.
Stay home and turn to the grill for your favorite buffalo wing flavor with Sriracha sauce, honey, and lime juice. Talk about a quick tasty chicken with a little kick of heat. Delish!
Recipe by: Holly Clegg
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes + marinate time
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Honey Sriracha Sauce Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce and honey; set aside.
- Place chicken in resealable plastic bag. Add remaining sriracha sauce and lime juice to chicken. Coat chicken in bag and let stand 15 minutes.
- Spray grill grates with nonstick cooking spray and preheat to medium. Place chicken on grill and sear on medium-high on both sides. Continue cooking on indirect heat around 15-20 minutes or until chicken is done (170°F.) turning several times.
- Transfer chicken to a platter, brush with reserved sriracha-honey sauce mixture, cover, let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Terrific Tip: Sriracha is a type of hot sauce made from chili peppers, vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 216; Carbohydrates 9 grams; Fat 6 grams; Protein 29 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORWith over 1 million cookbooks sold, Holly Clegg was a culinary expert on easy and healthy recipes. She appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today, Cooking Light Magazine, Web MD, & Huff Post. She consulted for Walmart, Teflon, Coca-Cola Company, & U.S. hospitals. Team Holly has the privilege to continue to share Holly's passion for healthy cooking with her Trim and Terrific recipes & to keep her legacy going for gastric cancer awareness.
See more recipes by Holly!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|