Hungry Girl’s Slow-Cooker Pot Roast RecipeDecember 2, 2015
Here is a delicious slow-cooker pot roast recipe sure to warm up you up on a cold day! Delicious, nutritious and takes just 15 minutes of preparation.
Slow-Cooker Pot Roast
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 12 Servings, (2.5 oz. cooked meat with 2/3 cup broth and veggies)
Prep: 15 minutes, Cook: 10 minutes plus 3 to 4 hours on high or 7 to 8 hours on low
- One 3-lb. raw boneless chuck beef roast (trimmed of excess fat)
- 1 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- One 14-oz. can fat-free beef broth
- 4 cups carrots cut into 1/2-inch coins
- 3 cups roughly chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup celery cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
Directions for Slow-Cooker Pot Roast
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to high heat. Season roast with 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Cook and rotate until all sides are browned, about 5 minutes. Place in a slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients except cornstarch to the slow cooker, including the remaining 3/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper. Gently stir.
- Cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours, until roast is cooked through.
- Turn off slow cooker. In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 2 tbsp. cold water. Stir into the liquid in the slow cooker. Let sit, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard thyme sprigs. Slice meat and serve topped with veggies and sauce!
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 206; Carbohydrates 11 grams; Fat 7grams; Protein 25.5g protein
Check out more recipes from Hungry Girl on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|