Inside-Out Chicken Enchiladas Recipe, No TortillaJune 24, 2022
Tortillas are yummy, but when it comes to enchiladas, they're basically just there to hold the fillings in place until cooked. After cooking them, those tortillas all but disintegrate and melt into the sauce and cheese. In this recipe, no tortillas are necessary because a chicken exterior saves the day! This Inside-Out Chicken Enchiladas Recipe is not only healthy, but it is also delicious!
Inside-Out Chicken Enchiladas
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 25 minutes; Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese
- Four 5-oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Optional toppings: light sour cream, sliced black olives, fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an 8" X 8" baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Place beans in a medium bowl. Add chili powder, 1/4 tsp. cumin, and 1/8 tsp. salt. Mix well. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
- Season chicken with pepper, remaining 1/4 tsp. cumin, and the remaining 1/8 tsp. salt. Evenly distribute bean mixture between the centers of the cutlets.
- Carefully roll up each chicken cutlet over the mixture. Secure with toothpicks. Place cutlets in the baking pan. Pour sauce over the chicken, and top with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Cover pan with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese has melted.
- Top with scallions.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 250; Carbohydrates 7 grams; Fat 7 grams; Protein 37.5 grams
See more recipes on ObesityHelp by Lisa!
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|