Instant Pot Orange Chicken – Make at Home and Skip the RestaurantAugust 13, 2021
This Instant Pot Orange Chicken is so easy to make and even if you are new to the Instant Pot, you can get a delicious meal in only 10 minutes!
It’s best to use fresh oranges to make the juice, but this recipe also works with store-bought orange juice. You can buy orange chicken sauce at the store, but I wouldn’t recommend that. The sauce you make at home is ten times more delicious and healthier!
Instant Pot Orange Chicken
Recipe by: Corrie of CorrieCooks.com
Prep Time: 5 minutes; Cook Time: 10 minutes; Total Time: 15 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into cubes
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tsp garlic powder minced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 orange zested
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Pour oil into the Instant Pot and press “Saute”.
- Add chicken cubes and cook for 5 minutes on "saute", until they brown on each side.
- Add orange juice, tomato sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, rice wine, garlic, and orange zest and stir.
- Close the lid and cook at high pressure for about 5 minutes.
- Once done, do a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and press “Saute” again.
- Mix 1 tbsp of cornstarch with 1 tbsp of water, add it to the sauce, and stir.
- If the chicken has dried too much, add some more orange juice.
- Cook for 2 minutes on "saute", until the sauce has reached the desired texture with no lumps.
- Enjoy! You can serve it with rice and sprinkle it with fresh parsley on top.
Calories 244; Carbohydrates 6 grams; Fat 14 grams; Protein 33 grams
Check out more recipes by Corrie of Corrie Cooks.com!
ABOUT THE AUTHORCorrigan Duffy is a stay-at-home dad that has learned the valuable lessons of cooking. In it, he found the magic of cooking in an instant pot and decided to share his experiences. He has a website called CorrieCooks.com that has a multitude of Instant Pot Recipes for quick, easy and delicious meals for the whole family.
See more recipes from Corrigan Duffy!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|