Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Recipe – Great for Meal Prep!February 5, 2021
This Instant Pot Salsa Chicken is easy, healthy, and one of the most versatile dishes you can make! Use it for tacos, quesadillas, burrito bowls, salads, and more.
This is one of those versatile recipes that will quickly become a staple. It is literally the easiest thing to make and the chicken comes out perfectly tender and delicious every time. Plus you can make so many variations of this dish by switching up the salsa, changing the way you serve it or adding in fun extras like black beans, corn, or even cream cheese! And cooking in a pressure cooker makes everything fast and easy.
Instant Pot Salsa Chicken Recipe
Recipe by: Kristen McCaffrey of Slender Kitchen
Prep Time: 5 minutes; Cook Time: 10 minutes; Total Time: 15 minutes
Makes 6 Servings
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (or breasts)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups salsa
- Add half of the salsa to the Instant pot.
- Add the chicken to the Instant Pot in a single layer. You can use chicken breast or chicken thighs.
- Sprinkle the chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Pour the remaining salsa on top.
- Close the Instant Pot and seal it. Set the pot to Manual for 10 minutes.
- Let the Instant Pot naturally come to pressure. Once the chicken finishes cooking, let it naturally release for 5-7 minutes. Carefully remove the lid.
- Shred the chicken using two forks. You can also simply slice or chop the chicken.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 209; Carbohydrates 6 grams; Fat 6 grams; Protein 30 grams
Check out more recipes from Slender Kitchen on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORKristen McCaffrey makes a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that she shares on her website, SlenderKitchen.com. Before diving into the world of healthy cooking, she struggled to lose weight, eat well, and find a healthy balance in her life. She has always been in love with food and enjoys healthy recipe development. Kristen is passionate about cooking and creating delicious recipes that encourage other people to eat healthy. See more recipes from Kristen!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|