Italian Stuffed Meatloaf RecipeSeptember 10, 2021
A favorite local Italian restaurant makes an incredible Italian Stuffed Meatloaf. Here’s Holly's Trim & Terrific version, yet still authentic, using a combination of meat, Italian sausage, and seasonings, and this is unbelievably good too!
If you have resolved to eat healthier, don’t panic at the thought of giving up all your favorite foods. Have no fear as “trim & terrific” is here! You don’t have to change what you eat, just how you prepare it. You will not feel like you are sacrificing anything as all of your trimmed-up favorites are just as delicious with Holly Clegg’s recipes!
Italian Stuffed Meatloaf
Recipe by: Team Holly Clegg of The Healthy Cooking Blog
Makes 6-8 servings
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped Italian parsley flat-leaf
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup fat-free Half & Half
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 3/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté the onion, celery, red pepper, and garlic over medium heat for 5–7 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the meat, sausage, green onions, parsley, egg whites, Half & Half, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, basil, oregano, breadcrumbs, and salt and pepper. Add in the sautéed vegetables and mix well.
- Transfer mixture into 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan and top with marinara sauce. Bake meatloaf for 1 hour or until done. Let sit 5 minutes before cutting.
Terrific Tidbit: Fresh Italian sausage may be found in groceries in casings or ground. If found in casings, remove and crumble. There are a variety of Italian sausages (chicken, vegetable combinations) and those may be used to reduce the fat content.
Calories 234; Carbohydrates 16 grams; Fat 7 grams; Protein 27 grams
Check out other recipes by Holly Clegg & Team Holly on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORWith over 1 million cookbooks sold, Holly Clegg was a culinary expert on easy and healthy recipes. She appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today, Cooking Light Magazine, Web MD, & Huff Post. She consulted for Walmart, Teflon, Coca-Cola Company, & U.S. hospitals. Team Holly has the privilege to continue to share Holly's passion for healthy cooking with her Trim and Terrific recipes & to keep her legacy going for gastric cancer awareness. See more recipes by Holly!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|