Layered Caramel Chocolate Chia Protein PuddingSeptember 2, 2016
This post is sponsored by Premier Protein®.
This delicious protein pudding is thickened using chia seeds, no cornstarch needed! Chia seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and a great source of protein, calcium, antioxidants and dietary fiber. To save on prep time and add more protein, we’re using Premier Protein’s ready-to-drink shakes (RTD). This is a fantastic make-ahead refrigerated dessert that can be easily customized to your taste buds.
Have a major sweet tooth? If so, you might want to add a touch of your favorite sweetener. In this recipe, we added no sweeteners as we felt the protein shakes were sweet enough for our taste buds.
Prefer a thick or thin pudding? To change the thickness of your pudding, experiment with the amount of chia seeds you use and the time you allow it to thicken and chill.
Love toppings on your pudding? Grab your favorite topping and add to the top! We wanted a little crunch and texture on ours so we grated ¼ of a Premier Protein Peanut Butter Caramel Bar and added a sprinkle of unsweetened shredded coconut.
Ingredients for Protein Pudding Base
- 1 Premier Protein Caramel Shake, RTD 11oz
- 1 Premier Protein Chocolate Shake, RTD 11oz
- 6 TBSP Chia Seeds
- 1 TSP Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (Optional)
- For the Caramel Pudding base, pour one 11oz Premier Protein Caramel shake into a small bowl (bowls with lids work great), add 3 tablespoons of chia seeds and whisk together (or top with your lid and shake until thoroughly mixed).
- For the Chocolate Pudding base, pour one 11oz Premier Protein Chocolate shake into a small bowl, add 3 tablespoons of chia seeds. Optional, for a more intense chocolate taste, add 1 teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa powder then whisk together (or top with your lid and shake until thoroughly mixed).
- Cover both of your pudding mixes and refrigerate 18 to 20 hours, stir occasionally (if you are making it thicker by adding more chia, you can lessen the refrigerator time).
- Your serving size may vary depending on the dessert glasses you use. For a 4 ounce serving, add 2 tablespoons of the chocolate pudding to your dessert glass and then add a layer of 2 tablespoons of Caramel pudding. Garnish with your favorite toppings!
Nutritional Info Per Serving without Toppings
(Makes approximately five, 4.4oz servings)
Calories 137; Protein 16g; Fat 5g; Carbs 8g (Dietary Fiber 7g)
Enjoy over 35 recipes in a handy downloadable pdf!