Making Cooking An Event: Recipe Party Time!November 13, 2012
Making Cooking An Event: Recipe Party Time!
Host A Recipe Sharing Party!
Cooking can be fun! Why not invite your family and friends to a recipe extravaganza? You can make it more than a potluck party; make it a fun way to share favorite recipes, to test culinary skills and to spend time with the ones you love the most. If you are a support group leader, a recipe party can be a great way to spend even more quality time with your members. Here are a few recipe party ideas:
- Create a theme for your party. Make it a protein party, a Mexican fiesta, a traditional Italian cuisine or a tasty appetizer “little bite” fare.
- Ask each guest to bring their favorite dish that compliments your theme.
- Ask your guests to bring multiple copies of their recipe.
- Place the printed recipes next to the appropriate dish for the guests to take home or ask your guests to give you copies of their recipes prior to the event so that you can print them all in one document.
- Encourage your guests to host a recipe party of their own, perhaps creating a new monthly tradition!