Mini Crustless Quiche (Low Carb) RecipeOctober 15, 2021
If you love quiche but not the crust, try this amazing Mini Crustless Quiche (Low Carb) Recipe for your next healthy breakfast!
I’m a big breakfast believer. If you ask me, starting your morning with something healthy and nourishing sets you up to make good food choices throughout the day.
But, if I’m being honest, I don’t always have the time or energy to whip up a nutritious breakfast from scratch. That’s when I love grabbing a mini crustless quiche to fuel my morning!
These little bites are perfect for meal-prepping. They’re made with chicken and apple sausage, cottage cheese, and cheddar cheese for a delicious boost of protein that will give you energy for hours.
Best of all, they only take about 45 minutes to make! You can whip up a batch on Sunday night so you have breakfast ready to go throughout the week.
Mini Crustless Quiche
Recipe by: Christel Oerum of Diabetes Strong
Makes 10 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes; Cooling Time: 15 minutes; Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 links chicken and apple sausage (chopped)
- 1/2 cup onion (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat 10 mini-muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the onions and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add the sausage and minced garlic, then sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes until the onions are golden and the sausage is nicely browned.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Mix in the cottage cheese, grated cheddar cheese, pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, and salt.
- Add the onions and sausage, then stir to combine.
- Evenly divide the mixture between the mini muffin cups, filling almost to the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven. Allow the entire pan to cool on a cooling rack before removing the quiches.
Mini Crustless Quiche Nutritional Info
Calories 90; Carbohydrates 2.3 grams; Fat 5.7 grams; Protein 7.3 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORChristel Oerum is the founder of Diabetes Strong. She is a Certified Personal Trainer specializing in diabetes. As someone living with type 1 diabetes, Christel is particularly passionate about helping others with diabetes live active healthy lives. She’s a diabetes advocate, public speaker, owner of Diabetic Foodie and author of the popular diabetes book Fit With Diabetes.
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|