Muffin Tin Meatloaves Recipe: Quick, Freezable & 166 Calories (+ Video)!June 7, 2017
These have become a fall-back weeknight dinner for my family and hopefully will be for yours too!
There are only five ingredients in the mini-meatloaves themselves, and that is all because of using salsa instead of chopping onion, garlic, bell pepper, etc. Not that we all don’t love to chop onion, but sometimes, you just don’t have the time. Salsa fits the bill for the ingredients it has for these meatloaves. I call salsa my “Swiss Army Knife” of quick, healthy recipes because it can do so many things!
This time of year, I cannot get enough of protein-filled recipes that I can FREEZE! Are you the same? If you want to freeze these for later use, just let them cool down, close to room temperature, and then put them in freezer zip-top bags in a single layer, and label the bag. Make sure to use them within three months which shouldn’t be a problem because they are delicious and a family favorite.
Muffin Tin Meatloaves Recipe
Makes 9 mini meatloaves
Serving: 1 meatloaf
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 20 minutes; Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup salsa, plus more (use mild, medium or hot)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon chili powder (adjust to your taste preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 9 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400º.
2. In a medium bowl, add egg, salsa, chili powder and salt, whisking with a fork to combine. Stir in oats. Fold in ground beef gently until all ingredients are evenly incorporated into the beef.
3. Coat a muffin tin with nonstick spray. Divide ground beef mixture among 9 of the muffin tins, pressing the beef down slightly in the center.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove and add a teaspoon of salsa to the center of each meatloaf, and top each with one tablespoon of cheddar cheese. Put meatloaves back into the oven for another 5 minutes, or until fully cooked.
5. Remove from oven and let cool 2-3 minutes, then remove mini meatloaves from muffin tin and serve!
Muffin Tin Meatloaves Recipe Video
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 166; Carbohydrates 5 grams; Fat 10.6 grams; Protein 12.2grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORAnnessa Chumbley, RD, is a bariatric dietitian and her website "Annessa Nutritionist" provides inspiring nutrition information to the bariatric community and general public. She enjoys getting the community healthy through nutrition segments on Indianapolis' FOX 59 Morning News, and 93.1 WIBC called "Power Up Your Week!", as well as a local healthy cooking show.
Find more recipes from Annessa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|