Parm-Crusted Chicken Recipe – Delicious & Crispy!September 11, 2020
This Parm-Crusted Chicken is another great recipe from our friends at HungryGirl. A delicious chicken dish that your entire family will enjoy. You'll love the savory and crispy coating on this Parmesan Chicken! For a lower-carb version, you can swap out the whole-wheat panko with pork rind crumbs.
This recipe is easy and quick to whip up, really great for a weeknight meal for the family. Parm-Crusted Chicken pairs perfectly with most side dishes. For an added boost of protein and crunch, you can slice it up and serve it over top of a salad.
It also reheats well, making it a great addition to weekly bariatric meal prep plans!
Parm-Crusted Chicken Recipe
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 2 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 10 minutes; Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp. + 2 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Two 5-oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1/4 cup (about 2 large) egg whites or fat-free liquid egg substitute
Parm-Crusted Chicken Directions
- In a wide bowl, combine breadcrumbs, all seasonings, and 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Place the chicken in another wide bowl. Top with egg whites/substitute, and flip to coat.
- One at a time, shake chicken cutlets to remove excess egg and coat with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook chicken for about 4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Serve topped with the remaining 2 tsp of the Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 261; Carbohydrates 7 grams; Fat 7.5 grams; Protein 39 grams
Check out more recipes by Hungry Girl on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|