Premier Protein® Cinnamon Roll Flavor Mini Protein DonutsDecember 15, 2020
This post is sponsored by Premier Protein®.
When you make these Premier Protein® Cinnamon Roll Flavor Mini Protein Donuts, the aroma of cinnamon will fill the air. You can customize these protein donuts to your taste. Make them as a plain cinnamon donut or use the drizzle. Have fun and experiment with other toppings.
For your holiday get-togethers, these protein donuts will be a welcomed protein treat to share with your family and friends. They will want the recipe!
Premier Protein® Cinnamon Roll Flavor Mini Protein Donuts Recipe
Makes 24-36 mini protein donuts depending on your mini donut pan’s size and how deep the wells are.
Prep Time for the Protein Donuts: 10 minutes, Bake Time: 7-10 minutes, Total Time: 17-20 minutes
Ingredients for the Protein Donuts
- 1/2 cup of PREMIER PROTEIN® Cinnamon Roll Flavor Protein Shake
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- 1/3 cup of Brown Sugar Substitute
Directions for the Protein Donuts
- Mix almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and brown sugar substitute, and whisk together. Add the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Spray your mini donut pan with coconut oil generously.
- Grab a large gallon size zip lock baggy. Change the bag's opening by rolling the top down around the edges. Place it into a bowl so that the opening of the bag is wide enough to pour batter into the bag.
- Close the baggy and cut a hole at the end to pipe your protein donut batter into the pan.
- Fill the wells about ⅓ full because they will rise during baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 mins (depending on your oven) or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cinnamon Roll Cream Cheese Drizzle
Ingredients for the Cream Cheese Drizzle
- 2 ½ tbs of PREMIER PROTEIN® Cinnamon Roll Flavor Protein Shake
- 2 oz of Softened Cream Cheese
- 1 ½ tbs of Sugar Substitute
Directions for the Cream Cheese Drizzle
- Mix all ingredients together.
- You can dip the donuts to frost them or drizzle it over the top.
- If you want to use the drizzle, place the mixture into a small zip lock sandwich baggy and cut a hole in the tip to drizzle over the top.
- Allow donuts to cool and then frost to your liking.
Suggestion: As an alternative way to enjoy these donuts are to toss them in a cinnamon and sugar substitute mixture.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Nutritional info for one protein donut, without the drizzle
Calories 25; Fat 1.5 grams; Carbohydrates 2.5 grams; Sugar 1 gram; Protein 1.1 grams
Nutritional info for one protein donut, with the drizzle
Calories 29; Fat 1.8 grams; Carbohydrates 3.1 grams; Sugar 1.3 grams; Protein 1.3 grams
(NOTE: The nutritional information for the drizzle depends on how much you use.)
Enjoy over 35 recipes in a handy downloadable pdf!
For more great recipes using Premier Protein®,
check out their recipes on ObesityHelp!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|