Premier Protein Mole RecipeNovember 2, 2018
This post is sponsored by Premier Protein®.
Looking for a creative way to utilize your Premier Protein® Chocolate Protein Powder? Try it as a Protein Mole sauce! Mole is a signature sauce in Mexican cooking that is dark, spicy and delicious. Traditional mole recipes can take several hours to prepare, but with this version, you’ll have a delicious sauce in just 25 minutes. No matter where you are in your post-op diet phase, this healthier version will keep your taste buds tingling.
Instead of using traditional dark chocolate, this mole alternative utilizes the chocolate from your protein powder. When combined with the smoky peppers, onions, tomato, and spices it melds together into a sauce that has a nice balance of sweet and savory. This mole sauce is one that you will want to use often and is a tasty way to add a punch of flavor and spice to your grilled chicken or vegetables!
Premier Protein® Mole Recipe
Makes 8 Servings (each serving is 1/4 cup)
Total Time:25 minutes
- 1/2 scoop of Premier Protein® 100% Whey Powder, Chocolate
- 2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 6 Ounces Tomato Paste
- 2 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce + 1 TBS of the Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Chopped Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Heat the coconut oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until translucent, add the garlic, tomato paste and saute for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Over high heat stir in the vegetable stock, peppers, and the two peppers and one tablespoon of the adobo sauce. Stir until incorporated. Then mix in oregano, cumin, cinnamon and the half a scoop of the chocolate Premier Protein® powder.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until it thickens. Remove from heat and add to a blender then blend until smooth. Serve over your favorite protein and/or grilled vegetables.
Mole Recipe Nutritional Info Per Serving (Sauce Only)
Calories 65; Carbohydrates 8 grams; Fat 2 grams; Protein 3 grams
Enjoy over 35 recipes in a handy downloadable pdf!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|