Roasted Turkey Breast RecipeNovember 19, 2021
If you don’t eat much, and you aren’t hosting a huge party this year….how do you make a traditional holiday meal that doesn’t overfill your house with food? Try this delicious Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe!
It’s perfect for getting the smells and tastes of the holidays, without needing to make an entire turkey.
It’s simple to get together, fills your house with yummy smells, and provides everything you need for a protein-packed and delicious holiday meal.
Tips for turkey breast: you’ll buy this in the freezer section and need to put it in the refrigerator days before you need it to allow it to thaw! Set an alarm on your phone to remember to move it to the fridge! 🙂
Roasted Turkey Breast
Recipe by: Steph Wagner (Bariatric Food Coach)
- 1 (2 lb) bone-in turkey breast
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 small onion, cut into eighths
- 2-4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine 1 tbsp salt, minced thyme, and lemon zest (save rest of lemon). Wash the turkey breast inside and out and drain it well, patting with paper towels to dry.
- Sprinkle the salt mixture all over the skin of the turkey. Place in a roasting pan with a rack. Cut the lemon into 4 wedges and tuck inside turkey breast along with onion and thyme sprigs.
- Bake for 45 minutes (leave plenty of time in case it needs longer). Check with a thermometer that the internal temperature reads 165F.
- Slice turkey breast and serve.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 175; Carbohydrates 2 grams; Fat 5 grams; Protein 32 grams
Check out more from Steph of Food Coach Me on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORSteph Wagner MS, RD/LD is a Registered Dietitian with over seven years of experience specializing in weight-loss surgery. She loves making healthy food taste good and is very passionate about helping patients finding freedom from weight and food issues. Steph provides online support at BariatricFoodCoach.com and has published a bariatric cookbook “Best Fork Forward: Everyday Dinners After Weight-Loss Surgery” Read more articles by Steph!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|