Salsa & Cheese Baked Egg Cup Recipe, Easy & Quick BreakfastJuly 10, 2017
With the quick prep time of only five minutes for this Salsa & Cheese Baked Egg Cup Recipe, you can go about your morning routine while it is cooking. This dish is filling for high satiety and helps with your energy throughout the morning.
Salsa & Cheese Baked Egg Cup Recipe
Makes 12 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 12 minutes Total time: 17 minutes
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- salsa or pico de gallo
- mozzarella shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and cottage cheese until well blended.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tray with nonstick cooking spray. Pour egg mixture equally between each cup.
- Bake for 12 minutes, remove from oven. Spoon 1-2 teaspoons of salsa in the middle of each egg muffin, and sprinkle 1 tablespoon shredded cheese on top.
- Put back into oven for about 10 minutes. Eggs should puff up and cheese will be melted and slightly toasted.
- Remove from oven, and let cool. Eat or freeze in a zip-lock bag for later! For an easy breakfast, pop it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 79; Carbohydrates 2 grams; Fat 11 grams; Protein 7 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORAnnessa Chumbley, RD, is a bariatric dietitian and her website "Annessa Nutritionist" provides inspiring nutrition information to the bariatric community and general public. She enjoys getting the community healthy through nutrition segments on Indianapolis' FOX 59 Morning News, and 93.1 WIBC called "Power Up Your Week!", as well as a local healthy cooking show.
Find more recipes from Annessa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|