Saucy Chicken & ShrimpNovember 4, 2022
On a plane ride a few years back, Lisa met Mike Garozzo, owner of the famous Garozzo's Ristorante eateries in Kansas City. When he realized he was sitting next to Hungry Girl, the restaurant owner shared his popular "Mike's Diet Chicken" recipe with Lisa. And we just about lost our minds when we tried it. A few at-home modifications later, and we're happy to present you with this way-tasty yet surprisingly simple dish "Saucy Chicken & Shrimp". Thanks, Mike!
Saucy Chicken & Shrimp
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 2 Servings
Prep: 10 minutes, Cook: 25 minutes, Total Time: 35 minutes
- Two 4-oz. raw boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 1/8 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 oz. (about 8) raw large shrimp, peeled, tails removed, deveined, chopped
- 2 cups roughly chopped spinach leaves
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- Optional seasonings: additional salt and black pepper
- Bring a grill pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and cook for about 4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Plate chicken, and cover to keep warm.
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add tomatoes, garlic, onion powder, and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir until hot and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Carefully add chicken broth to the skillet, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer. Cook and stir until reduced to a sauce-like consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped shrimp to the skillet. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes, until cooked through.
- Top chicken with contents of the skillet. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp. basil.
Calories 250; Carbohydrates 11.5 grams; Fat 3.5 grams; Protein 39.5 grams
Check out more recipes from Hungry Girl on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|