Slow-Cooker Creamy Ranch Chicken RecipeMarch 25, 2022
If you're taking a break from using the stove or oven, we strongly suggest using your slow cooker and making this Slow-Cooker Creamy Ranch Chicken Recipe. Make delicious food with minimal effort AND without overheating your kitchen! This easy recipe is packed with flavor!
As a result of the long, low-temperature cooking, slow cookers help tenderize meats including chicken. A slow cooker brings out the flavor in foods. A wide variety of foods can be cooked in a slow cooker, including one-pot meals, soups, stews, and casseroles. A slow cooker uses less electricity than an oven.
With your fast-paced schedule, you don't have time to cook let alone tear apart your kitchen! With a slow-cooker recipe, you will have minimal clean-up and it is so easy to make.
Slow-Cooker Creamy Ranch Chicken
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 3–4 hours on high or 7–8 hours on low
- 1 1/2 lbs. raw boneless skinless chicken breast
- One 1-oz. packet ranch dressing/dip seasoning mix
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 cup light/reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Serving suggestions: riced cauliflower, spiralized zucchini, hearts of palm noodles
- Place chicken in a slow cooker, and season with ranch seasoning. Add broth, onion, and garlic.
- Cover and cook on high for 3–4 hours or on low for 7–8 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.
- Transfer chicken to a large bowl. Shred with two forks.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with 2 tbsp. water. Add to the slow cooker. Add cream cheese and Parm, and stir until uniform.
- Return shredded chicken to the slow cooker and mix well.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 232; Carbohydrates 8.5 grams; Fat 7.5 grams; Protein 29 grams
See more recipes on ObesityHelp by Lisa!
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|