Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin – a Delicious Low-Carb Side Dish!October 16, 2020
Many people shy away from eating spaghetti squash because it doesn't look all that appetizing. However, when you make this Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin recipe, you'll taste how delicious it can be. Spaghetti squash is a versatile vegetable and can be used in all sorts of recipes.
Spaghetti squash is easy to cook, good for you, and makes a great low-carb replacement in many dishes where you’d typically use pasta. It’s full of vitamins and minerals.
Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin Recipe
Recipe by: Kristen McCaffrey of Slender Kitchen
Makes 8 Servings
Prep Time: 45 minutes; Cook Time: 45 minutes; Total Time: 1 hour & 30 minutes
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup Gruyère cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Cut your spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Spray with non-stick cooking spray and place flesh side down on a baking sheet covered in foil.
- Cook spaghetti squash for 45 minutes or until the squash is cooked through and tender. Let the squash cool and once it has, pull out the spaghetti squash with a fork. Chop the squash into smaller pieces and measure out 4 cups.
- Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray and sauté and onions and garlic until translucent and fragrant. Add the spaghetti squash and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add the milk, cheese, basil, and salt and pepper and mix together. Add the squash and stir together.
- Spray an 8 or 9-inch pie plate or casserole dish with cooking spray and add in the egg, cheese, basil, and squash combination.
- Sprinkle the top with the Parmesan cheese. Put in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Serve your Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin, enjoy!
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 82; Carbohydrates 7 grams; Fiber 1 gram; Fat 4 grams, Protein 7 grams
Check out more recipes from Slender Kitchen on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORKristen McCaffrey makes a variety of healthy and delicious recipes that she shares on her website, SlenderKitchen.com. Before diving into the world of healthy cooking, she struggled to lose weight, eat well, and find a healthy balance in her life. She has always been in love with food and enjoys healthy recipe development. Kristen is passionate about cooking and creating delicious recipes that encourage other people to eat healthy. See more recipes from Kristen!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|