Spinach Artichoke Dip RecipeMarch 9, 2015
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Quick, popular, and healthy sums up this version of Spinach Artichoke Dip with sliced veggie dippers. This dip is made with creamy Brie and Parmesan which makes it a recipe that's hard to beat. Save your money and calories, and forget ordering the high-fat restaurant version, and head home to enjoy this fabulous favorite! You can serve the dip with green pepper squares, cucumber rounds, or your other favorite vegetables
Recipe by Holly Clegg and Team
Makes approximately 20 servings, 1/4 cup per serving
Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 (10-ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and cubed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- Dash cayenne (optional)
- In nonstick pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion until tender. Stir in flour.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, heating until bubbly and thickened.
- Add garlic, spinach, Brie, and Parmesan cheese, stirring until cheese is melted. Stir in artichokes, cayenne and season to taste.
Nutritional Info Per Serving (1/4 cup)
Calories 54; Carbohydrates 5 grams; Fat 2 grams; Protein 4 grams
Check out more recipes by Holly and Team on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORWith over 1 million cookbooks sold, Holly Clegg was a culinary expert on easy and healthy recipes. She appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today, Cooking Light Magazine, Web MD, & Huff Post. She consulted for Walmart, Teflon, Coca-Cola Company, & U.S. hospitals. Team Holly has the privilege to continue to share Holly's passion for healthy cooking with her Trim and Terrific recipes & to keep her legacy going for gastric cancer awareness. See more recipes by Holly!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|